Houston Jewish Funerals and Dallas Jewish Funerals Proudly Serve Those Who Have Served in Our Military
It is our privilege and honor to serve America’s heroes.
It is an honor and a privilege for Houston Jewish Funerals and Dallas Jewish Funerals to serve America’s heroes by providing a full range of service options for veterans and active duty military, as well as first responders. We have planned and managed a number of funeral services involving coordination with U.S. military branches along with local, state, and national government officials and the media. Whether your heroes’ service is a small, intimate graveside service or a high-profile, large-scale funeral service involving hundreds or even thousands of mourners, Dallas Jewish Funerals and Houston Jewish Funerals stand ready to help your loved one’s family and friends honor and remember them in a respectful and meaningful way.
Coordinating Veterans Benefits
Houston Jewish Funerals’ and Dallas Jewish Funerals’ extensive expertise providing funeral services for active duty military/veterans means we know how to guide the planning process to ensure you and your family receive all the benefits earned by your loved one. Unfortunately, veteran benefits will not cover all funeral arrangements, so we will help you understand what is covered and help plan for the details that are not. Whether arranging a burial at a national cemetery, private cemetery, or planning a simple memorial service, our experienced funeral directors understand veterans benefits and will plan accordingly for details including application for a United States burial flag and coordination with military personnel.
To learn more about how we can help you plan a veteran’s funeral service, contact us today.
Requesting Veterans Benefits
- Military service must be verified with a DD-214 (discharge papers) before benefits are provided to a veteran’s next of kin.
- While a United States flag is provided at no cost, a veteran’s family must request it.
- Burial in a VA national cemetery is not automatic – eligibility requirements apply.
- Caskets are not covered by veterans benefits.
- VA benefits will not cover all funeral costs.
- Military funeral honors must be scheduled, which may take time.
- Our staff will assist with the veterans marker application and process.
Specialized Merchandise for Veterans
- Printed prayer cards, military folders, obituary bookmarks, and register books, all displaying the proper military insignia
- Custom caskets
- Flag cases
- Military emblems and medallions