We are often asked about Veteran Burial Benefits. At Dallas Jewish Funerals and Houston Jewish Funerals, it is an honor and a privilege for us to serve America’s heroes by providing a full range of service options for veterans and active duty military, as well as first responders.
Our extensive expertise providing funeral services for active duty military/veterans means we know how to guide the planning process to ensure you and your family receive all the benefits earned by your loved one. Unfortunately, veteran benefits will not cover all funeral arrangements, so Houston Jewish Funerals and Dallas Jewish Funerals will help you understand what is covered and help plan for the details that are not. Whether arranging a burial at a national cemetery, private cemetery, or planning a simple memorial service, our experienced funeral directors understand veterans benefits and will plan accordingly for details including application for a United States burial flag and coordination with military personnel.
Veterans Burial Benefits
- Military service must be verified with a DD-214 (discharge papers) before benefits are provided to a veteran’s next of kin.
- While a United States flag is provided at no cost, a veteran’s family must request it.
- Burial in a VA national cemetery is not automatic – eligibility requirements apply.
- Caskets are not covered by veterans benefits.
- VA benefits will not cover all funeral costs.
- Military funeral honors must be scheduled, which may take time.
- Our staff will assist with the veterans marker application and process.
To learn more about how we can help you plan a veteran’s funeral service, contact us today.